Skip to content
- Professor Ghosh is the Founder/Director of Johns Hopkins University Center for Integrated Structure-Materials Modeling and Simulation (CISMMS).
- Professor Ghosh received the 2013 Distinguished Alumnus Award. Prof. Sunando DasGopta and Prof. Siddhartha Mukhopadhyay from the Indian Institute of technology, Kharagpur, India visited Johns Hopkins University to present the award.
- Shahriyar Keshavarz won first place at the Postdoctoral Poster Competition in JHU
Congratulations to postdoctoral researcher Shahriyar Keshavarz for winning the 1st place with his poster entitled “Multi-Scale Crystal Plasticity Modeling of APB Shearing & Micro Twinning in Nickel based Superalloys” at the 1st Annual Homewood Postdoctoral Poster Competition hosted by the Homewood Postdoctoral Association on September 20, 2013.
- Professor Ghosh received the American Society of Civil Engineering’s Nathan M. Newmark Medal.
- Jiahao Cheng awarded 3rd place in the Computational Mechanics Student Poster Competition
This competition was held during the Engineering Mechanics Institute Conference (EMI 2013) in August 4-7, 2013 at Northwestern University.
- Shu Guo Won the 2013 student poster competition award
Congratulations to PhD student Shu Guo for winning the award with his poster entitled “A Finite Element Model for the Analysis of 3D Transient Coupled Electromagnetic Structural Dynamics Problems” at the 12th U.S. National Congress for Computational Mechanics held in Raleigh, NC on July 22-25, 2013.
- Professor Somnath Ghosh has been selected to receive the 2013 Distinguished Alumnus Award
from the Indian Institute of technology, Kharagpur, India. Prof. Ghosh got his Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering from IIT back in 1980. Click here for more.
- Coleman Alleman won the People’s Choice Award
At the 2013 MACH Conference in Annapolis, Maryland, it was chosen by a vote of all those attending the poster session for his poster entitled, “Homogenization-Based Multiscale Modeling of Crystal Plasticity and Ductile Failure at High Strain Rates”.
- Jared Kuker receives a 2013 National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate (NDSEG) Fellowship
Congratulations to PhD student Jared Kuker who was selected to receive a NDSEG Fellowship. The Department of Defense offers these fellowships to individuals who have demonstrated the ability and special aptitude for advanced training in science and engineering.
- The Search for Tougher Materials
Professor Ghosh is featured on the Magazine of the Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering, Winter 2013 issue