- Prof. Ghosh attended the Fifth anniversary of the Materials Genome Initiative (MGI), at the White House in Washington, DC., on August 2nd, 2016. The Materials Genome Initiative (MGI), was announced by President Obama on June 24th, 2011. Together with federal agencies (DoD, DoE, NSF and NIST), the industry and academia, in these first 5 years, the MGI has initiated a paradigm shift in how new materials are discovered, developed and deployed.
- Prof. Ghosh successfully chaired the IUTAM Symposium SYFSO12 on Integrated Computational Structure-Material Modeling of Deformation and Failure Under Extreme Conditions, held in Baltimore, Maryland, June 20th-22th, 2016. This event was hosted by Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering and co-sponsored with USACM.
- Congratulations to Reza Yaghmaie who won the ASCE-EMI Student Paper Competition in Dynamics at the Engineering Mechanics Institute (EMI) Conference, held at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee (May 22-25, 2016). His paper, “Multi-Time Scale Coupled Transient Electro-Magnetic and Structural Dynamics Finite Element Analysis for Antenna Simulations”, was one out of the four student finalists’ papers selected for an oral presentation in front of the panel of judges for the prestigious EMI 2016 Student Competition.
- Prof. Ghosh gave the plenary lecture at the EMI/PMC 2016 conference. This conference was held in Nashville, Tennessee, on the beautiful campus of the Vanderbilt University, from May 22nd to May 25th. The title of his lecture was “Spatial and Temporal Multiscale Models for Advancing the Integrated Computational Materials Engineering (ICME) Initiative”.
- The Johns Hopkins University-Homewood Schools’ Doctoral Hooding Ceremony took place on May 17th, 2016. Both Coleman Alleman and Jiahao Cheng were hooded by Prof. Ghosh at Shriver hall in front of their families, friends and colleagues.
- Jiahao Cheng successfully defended his thesis on March 10th. The title of his thesis is, Crystal Plasticity FE Models for Predicting Deformation and Twining in Polycrystalline Magnesium Alloys.