Skip to content
- Prof. Ghosh gave a Plenary Lecture entitled, “Computational Mechanics Approaches for Addressing the Integrated Computational Materials Engineering (ICME) Initiative” at the Multiscale Materials Modeling (MMM2016) conference in Dijon, France on October 9th to 14th, 2016.
- Prof. Ghosh attended the Fifth anniversary of the Materials Genome Initiative (MGI), at the White House in Washington, DC., on August 2nd, 2016. The Materials Genome Initiative (MGI), was announced by President Obama on June 24th, 2011.
- Prof. Ghosh successfully chaired the IUTAM Symposium SYFSO12 on Integrated Computational Structure-Material Modeling of Deformation and Failure Under Extreme Conditions, held in Baltimore, Maryland, June 20th-22th, 2016. This event was hosted by Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering and co-sponsored with USACM.
- Reza Yaghmaie won the ASCE-EMI Student Paper Competition in Dynamics at the Engineering Mechanics Institute (EMI) Conference, in Nashville, Tennessee from May 22-25, 2016. His paper was on “Multi-Time Scale Coupled Transient Electro-Magnetic and Structural Dynamics Finite Element Analysis for Antenna Simulations”,
- Prof. Ghosh gave the plenary lecture at the EMI/PMC 2016 conference. This conference was held in Nashville, Tennessee, from May 22nd to May 25th. The title of his lecture was “Spatial and Temporal Multiscale Models for Advancing the Integrated Computational Materials Engineering (ICME) Initiative”.
- Both Coleman Alleman and Jiahao Cheng were hooded by Prof. Ghosh at Shriver hall in front of their families, friends and colleagues.
- Jiahao Cheng successfully defended his thesis on March 10th. The title of his thesis is, “Crystal Plasticity FE Models for Predicting Deformation and Twining in Polycrystalline Magnesium Alloys”.