Skip to content
- Prof. Ghosh, chaired a plenary session on “Multi-Scale Computational Models for Predicting Fatigue Crack Nucleation in Metallic Materials”, ICCM2018 9th International Conference on Computational Methods, Rome, Italy August 2018.
- Subhendu Chakraborty and S. Ghosh, presented “Coupled atomistic-continuum coupling for crack propagation”, NIST Workshop on Atomistic Simulations for Industrial Needs, Gaithersburg, MD, August 2, 2018.
- Ghosh, chaired a Semi-Plenary session on “Multi-Scale Computational Models for Predicting Fatigue Crack Nucleation in Metallic Materials”, World Congress of Computational Mechanics WCCM18 XIII & PANACM II, New York City, NY, July 22-27, 2018.
- Dr. Ghosh presented “Multiscale Structure-Materials Modeling: Addressing the State of the Art and Identified Gaps”, World Congress on Computational Mechanics WCCM18, New York, NY, July 22-27, 2018, (with K. Matous).
- Reza Yaghmaie gave a presentation on:Two-Scale Wavelet Transformation Based Multi-Time Scale (WATMUS) Method For Simulating Coupled Transient Electro-Mechanical Fields With Evolving Damage” at the 18th US National Congress for Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, June 6-8, 2018
- Prof. Ghosh, “Crystal Plasticity Finite Element Simulation of Fatigue Failure in Polycrystalline Al7075-T651”at the Engineering Mechanics Institute Conference EMI 2018 May 2018
- Max Pinz presented “A Novel Framework for Multiscale Modeling of Ni Based Superalloys Using a Physics Based, Machine Learning Informed Constitutive Law” at the EMI 2018 May 2018
- Deniz Ozturk, Shravan Kotha, and Prof. Ghosh, shared their research on “Multi-Scale Modeling of Fatigue Crack Nucleation in Titanium alloys”, at the EMI 2018 May 2018
- Maxwell Pinz, George Weber and Prof. Ghosh, gave presentations on “Machine Learning Based Development of Parametrically Homogenized Constitutive law as Functions of Lower Scale γ’ – γ’ Morphology”, at the EMI 2018 May 2018
- Prof. Ghosh presented “Hierarchical and Multiscale Methods for Simulation Based Design of Materials”, at the EMI 2018. May 2018
- Prof. Ghosh, shared his research on “Multi-Scale Computational Models for Predicting Fatigue Crack Nucleation in Metallic Materials”, with the Department of Mechanical Engineering & Mechanics, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, May 18, 2018.
- Akbar Bagri and Prof. Ghosh, shared their research on “Crystal Plasticity Modeling of 3D Virtual Representative Twinned Microstructures of Ni-Based Superalloys”, at the 2018 MRS Spring Meeting and Exhibit Phoenix, AZ, April, 2018.
- Prof. Ghosh presented “Multi-Scale Computational Models for Predicting Fatigue Crack Nucleation in Metallic Materials”, to the Department of Mechanical Science & Engineering, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, IL, April 2, 2018.
- Prof. Ghosh spoke on “Advances in Computational Mechanics and Computational Materials Science for Multi-Scale Fatigue Prediction”, at the TMS2018 147th Annual Meeting and Exhibition, Phoenix, AZ March 2018.
- George Weber, Max Pinz and Prof. Ghosh presented research on “Parametrically Homogenized Models of Deformation and Failure of Metals and Alloys with Uncertainty Quantification” at the TMS 2018 147th Annual Meeting & Exhibition, in Phoenix, AZ, March 2018
- Prof. Ghosh was the TMS-SMD Luncheon Speaker, at the 147th TMS Annual Meeting and Exhibition, Phoenix, Arizona, March 2018
- Prof. Ghosh, chaired a plenary session on “NSF Workshop on Core Knowledge and Skills for Effective Use of Advanced Computation and Data in Materials and Manufacturing”, at the TMS 2018 147th Annual meeting and Exhibition, in Phoenix, AZ March 2018.
- Dr. Ghosh, spoke on the “Development of a Multi-Scale Modeling Framework for Fatigue Crack Evolution in Ti Alloys”, at the MAI PW-18, Dayton, OH, February 15, 2018.